Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Movin' and Groovin'

Stoops (that's what I have decided to call Baby Roman until he gets an official name) is moving up a storm. I've been feeling him move around for a couple of weeks (I wrote the date down somewhere, but can't recall it off the top of my head). At first it was just a little flutter, but now it is a much stronger flutter. Kind of feels like an involuntary muscle twitch at the moment, but at least it's getting to be a stronger twitch day by day. Joel finally felt Stoops move this past Monday. I was expecting wonder and awe, but he was a little underwhelmed....maybe when it's more than a twitch feeling to him it will be a little bit more exciting. I've decided a couple of things based on some preliminary patterns. First, Stoops likes Coca-cola just like mommy. Too bad he won't be allowed to drink any till he is much, much older. Second, Stoops likes food. He always flops around not long after lunch or dinner (if I'm lucky, both). Finally, Stoops does not like being crowded. If I am in anyway scrunching my stomach with a leg or on a pillow or by leaning over something, he inevitably flops around. It kind of makes me laugh because I imagine him saying, "Umm, seriously it's already a little crowded in here and you aren't helping anything."

I (and hopefully Joel too) will get to see Stoops again next Tuesday. If there's anything exciting to report back, I'll post.

No comments: