Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Good Friday





Holy Week is my favorite week of the year. I love the opportunity to focus on God and His ultimate sacrifice that we celebrate today. This year, on Cole Reynolds' first Good Friday, he has decided he too loves Holy week and he too will fast along with the rest of observant Catholics around the world. He is sticking to the 'one small meal and two snacks, which together do not equal a meal' rule. How very pious of him. However, I've been trying to explain to him that children need not fast and attempting to bribe him into eating. Not a lot of luck so far, he is sticking to his guns. Let's hope his nap brings a change of heart.


In addition to being Holy Week, this has been a BIG week for my sweet angel. After 10 weeks of wearing ear muffs, he got them off yesterday!! Joel and I were super excited, and we think he was too! Pretty little ear, don't you think?!?!



















He is also becoming more and more engaged with the world around him. His favorite "toys" at the moment are washcloths and burp rags--he can't get enough. He is also quite taken with his little cow from his activity mat. He likes to bite its ears and feet. Joel is convinced that fun house like mirror on the cow's tummy scares Cole, but I am not convinced that he is. What do you think?

I think, though I might just be making this up, that he is starting to find his feet. I've noticed him staring in their direction and grabbing at them with his hands. Now, I haven't read enough to know when this should happen,perhaps he is weeks behind already, but I think he seems pretty darn interested in his feet.


No comments: