What a fun family weekend the Romans had. Saturday kicked off Sooner football and Cole Reynolds was ready in his cute little OU onesie (thanks Jill!). Unfortunately, Cole didn't get to see the Sooners barely beat Utah State (really, Sooners, really??). It's for the best, that way he can continue to wear his onesie with pride unaware of the fact that we almost lost to a high school football team AT HOME. I digress, I will cheer on my Sooners proudly regardless of their shakey start just like my son.
Sunday, Cole Reynolds saw his SMU Ponys take on the Texas Tech Red Raiders. We do not have an SMU onesie so both Cole and I went neutral to the TT watch party. Joel was not so neutral in his dress or in his behavior. Thankfully, the TT faithful were not in the mood to kill my husband for his unabashed cheering.
Monday, Cole Reynolds went to the park for the first time. It was a brief visit, but he loved it. My photography skills leave a lot to be desired, but I think you get the picture. We will definitely be going back. Particularly as the weather cooperates.
In more general Cole Reynolds news, he is crazy busy. He is always exploring something (or a lot of the time, his favorite things over and over). He pulls up on things to try and reach things that many times we have tried to put out of his reach. He also opens drawers in search of hidden treasures to play with. Although he is not officially cruising, he has taken a few tenative steps while holding on to objects. However, I'm afraid much progress is not going to take place until he starts to stand flat footed as opposed to his prefered tippy toe technique.
Cole LOVES his dad. And no, I am not exagerating. He absolutely LOVES his dad. He looks around for him when Joel is not holding him, and he is happy as a lark when Joel is holding him. It melts my heart everytime. This morning while I was feeding him in bed, he kept looking over his head in a backbend of sorts towards Joel's side of the bed to catch of glipse of his daddy. Joel was sleeping on his side with an arm sticking out over his head. Cole Reynolds reached his little fingers as far as they would go until he was able to brush Joel's fingers with his own. He did this several times in an attempt to rouse his daddy. It was pretty close to the cutest thing ever.
Cole is still a little guy, but he is eating more and more everyday....solid food that is. He loves prunes!?! Can you believe it? I can't, but he gobbles them down every time. He also loves his multi-grain cereal. He eats a lot of other fruits and veggies at this point too--butternut squash, mangos, carrots, peas, bananas, apples, etc. I would say that so far his favorite of the fruits and veggies (other than the prunes) is butternut squash. I've also learned that he likes the store bought food just as much as the stuff I made. In many cases, more, in fact.
Here are a couple of random pics I thought were too cute not to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment