Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Words That Echo in Your Heart

While reading the blog of a friend of a friend whose older child has battled cancer for several years and whose younger child may have neuromuscular issues, I read the following:

"I am determined to trust God in this period of the unknown because it's not unknown to Him. I believe with all of my heart that nothing touches this family that has not first been sifted through God's hands. And good or bad, He has allowed it to come our way. And with His guidance, He will carry us all through. And I will do my best to bring Him glory regardless of how life goes."

Wow. I read it over and over trying to fully process the depth of her trust in God and her faith in His goodness. To face such adversity and still believe in Him like this is inspiring. I too endeavor to face life's challenges with such grace.

Please pray for her sons Gavin and Garrett to be healed and for the family to have the strength to endure the challenges they have faced and continue to face. Here's a link to the blog: http://smithscooptexas.blogspot.com

No comments: