Today was a bit sad leaving my babies. Yesterday it was just the three of us because Joel was not off for MLK day and Elena was sick. At first I was a little bummed because yesterday was going to be a catch up day for me to run a few errands and maybe even get a pedicure (in addition to spending time with the kiddos of course). When Elena got sick, it meant the errands would just have to wait a little longer. The pedicure might have to wait until spring is officially here. I ended up having such a fun day (even though work tried to ruin it). I rarely get to hang out with the kids by myself. I feel like such a grown up when I do. Sometimes I cannot believe I have two little babies. While I think being a stay at home mom might well be the hardest job in the world, on the few occasions I've had the opportunity to do it, I've found that there isn't anything more rewarding. You get to the end of the day exhausted, but when you finally sink into bed, you look back on the day with a smile. That rarely, if ever, happens at work. Even when you close a big deal that has been all consuming, you get to the finish line and just fall into bed and go to sleep without so much as a minute's thought on the joy that the deal brought to your life. Anyway, it's the choices we make....
Although a few of the following pics were on our annual Christmas card, I thought I'd post the rest so that I could easily look back at them. Plus, any excuse to post pics of my babies is a good one.

















No comments:
Post a Comment