I could not have asked for a better Mother's Day this year. I know it was a week ago, but I would be remiss not to mention it on The Roman Blog since it was my first. Cole Reynolds is such a joy and a blessing. I thank God every day for giving me the privilege of being his mom. This year's mothers day was very special because I got to have my whole family here. The only thing we missed was getting to see Joel's mom, but we spoke on the phone.
Now that I'm a mom, I understand the sacrifices mothers are willing to make for their children, and I can imagine that I will undoubtedly make more than a few throughout Cole's life. However, it is almost unfair to call them sacrifices because it seems to imply that I had to give up something. Because I would do anything to make Cole's life better or happier, I don't think I could "give up" anything that would result in a happier or better life for Cole. Joel's mom once told me that as a mother you would happily spend money on your child not only because it made them happy to have whatever it was they wanted, but also because it made YOU happy to see them happy. Although this example has to do with money, the principle applies with time, effort, sleep, etc. Any sacrifice I have made for Cole Reynolds or will make for him, I did or will do with pleasure because I get to be his mom and I want to see him happy.
Nevertheless, as the recipient of countless sacrifices, I am humbled by what my mom was always willing to do for me and what she would still do for me today more than 32 years later. I'm not deserving of so much love and yet I still receive it. Thank you mom--and late Happy Mother's Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment