Monday, June 14, 2010

Happy Late Birthday Cole Reynolds


My sweet little angel turned 5 months old this past Friday. Where has the time gone?? MeMa and Grandpa Ouelette came over for the celebration. We celebrated with a banana bunt cake. Cole Reynolds tried to get in on the action this time, but thankfully daddy's cat-like reflexes averted the sugar shock. I personally am loving celebrating every month birthday because it gives me a great excuse to buy little Cole Reynolds some new goodies. For this birthday, he got some books, a couple of new toys and a iPod docking station.
In other news, Cole Reynolds took a rolling over hiatus. He either forgot how to do it, or he decided it wasn't his cup of tea, but he just didn't do it for a couple of weeks. I'm thinking the most likely explanation is that he didn't want to do it and then he forgot how. There were a couple of times he sure acted like he'd like to roll over on his tummy and get a toy, but he just couldn't quite do it on his own. Then, yesterday, he decided to dust off an old milestone and roll over. I think he was motivated completely by being pissed off, which seems to be a trend in his milestone attainment. He was in his bed for a nap and didn't want to go to sleep. Joel reports that he rolled over and then got stuck because he ran out of real estate for his reverse roll over. The one good thing about his lack of rolling over was that he quit sleeping on his tummy, which scared me a lot. However, his new preferred method of sleeping (for naps only thus far) is to snuggle up to his bumper with his arm over the top of the bumper, which in turn covers up his face. Having to choose between tummy sleeping and face in bumper sleeping, I think I'll opt for the former, but he didn't ask me to chose. Nevertheless, since regaining his rolling groove, Cole Reynolds is back to the tummy sleeping as we speak.
Cole had his first pool experience over the Memorial Day weekend. I've posted a couple of pics below. He and the pool are not fast friends, but there is hope. Daddy and Cole will start a water babies class in a month or so. I think the reason he is not a fan at first blush is for two reasons. First, Cole Reynolds is sun averse, just like his mommy. His eyes squint up and he quickly turns his face from the sun's rays. Second, the pool, unlike his balmy bath of about 100 degrees is cold, even in the near 100 degree weather. I have no doubt that he will soon conquer his pool issues and become a little fish just like his dad. He seems to have a very similar disposition so far...if crankiness resulting from sleepiness is any indication.



No comments: