Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Not all blacks (ski runs) are created equal

A long time ago when Amy and I were newlyweds, we went to Taos, New Mexico for quick ski trip. On that trip, I tricked Amy into skiing a black run, which she skied admirably but got very upset once she discovered the trickery. To make a long story short, I told her that if she could ski blacks in Taos that she could ski blacks anywhere. I had no idea how right I was.

The photo to the left is one of many black runs here at Steamboat that are, in my opinion, extremely questionable. Nonetheless I feel cooler when I say my wife skis blacks and likes it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site you two crazies! Keep up the good work.
I have tried two blogs in all my days. I think they came out alright...
http://www.nolongerfreewillie.blogspot.com/
http://bbweurotrip.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2007-07-11T20%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=7

Nice, which is nice.
We met Ian and his wife Sue at a Piano bar our night out in Nice. They are from Liverpool, England. Nice, and most of the French Riviera, is almost as expensive at Monte Carlo. We ordered a couple of beers when we got to the bar and paid 20 Euro for them (equals something like $13 per beer). He watched us suck them down. When it took us an hour to drink the second round he called us out on it saying he can´t afford the prices either (so he said, the man was probably filthy rich). We spent the next five hours (we were there until four in the morning) at the tiny bar listening to a fabulous live band belt out Marvin Gay and Lionelle Richie. When I requested "Girl from Imponema" they replied kindly that they don´t speak English which sent Bobby into histerical laughter.
Ian had us in stiches all night telling stories, talking about women, and explaining how to take advantage of the one life that you get to live. He has plans to start up a company so I relayed some tips on raising early stage capital and the like. The group exchanged emails and to my suprise he sent a wonderful letter to Bobby and myself. Excerp:
hi willi,
i hope you and bobby have had a wonderful time
in Barcelona walking through the Rambles and of course
having a few drinks at more reasonable prices than the night
we all had last friday. sue enjoyed herself and sends
her best love to you and bobby.
i hope that you and bobby have all the luck and prosperity
in both your careers, which justifies all the hard work that you
must have put in to attain your new jobs, well done to you both.
anyway, meeting you both has been Sue and I's highlight of our holiday,
thanks to you both for your wonderful company and i am sure that we
shall all meet again, hopefully in the near future.
i will sign off now, speak to you soon..
ian.
pass our regards onto bobby, thanks willi.