Yesterday was Gemma's two month birthday. I can't believe it. I am trying really hard to enjoy each and every day because I know how fast this time flies by and there is almost nothing better in life than watching your sweet baby sleep in your arms.
Gemma is doing great! She is eating well, sleeping well (by my standards, though she is far from sleeping through the night) and really starting to get interested in the world around her. We've started putting her on the activity mat, and she really seems to like staring up at all the animals. Tomorrow is her two month appointment, so I guess we'll see how she's growing, but I know that she's over 10 pounds at this point. We're pretty excited by that--I'm sure you can guess why.
Cole is also doing really well. He's had a great last few weeks, which came on the heels of a couple of rotten weeks, so we're thrilled and immensely thankful. Notwithstanding the good weeks, we did an endoscopy today. Visual results show a perfect esophagus, stomach and intestine, but we will have to wait for the biopsy results to be sure. We've had great visual results before to find out when the biopsy results came back that eosinophils were present in high levels after all. We are praying that isn't the case this time. Best case (meaning there is no inflammation), we will establish a baseline for introducing foods. We are hoping that by getting soy back, we will get a few more foods that he may like to try to eat. He is still not eating a whole lot other than purees, but we are hopeful that things will turn around any day. He is still getting twice weekly therapy at Baylor. I'm hoping one day a switch will just flip and he won't be so scared to eat.
Cole is talking up a storm these days. Contrary to the concern of the psychologist on the Baylor team, he is putting together not only two word combinations but full sentences. He is getting much better at using pronouns too. I think we are going to have a talker on our hands--which shouldn't be that surprising.
Cole is a funny little guy these days. He notices everything you say and has a crazy good memory. Every time we drive by the church, he says Jesus lives there and reminds us that he has to use his inside voice. We can almost not drive in the vicinity of Lowes, because he knows exactly where it is and cries "Lowes", "Lowes", "Lowes." It is one of his favorite places in the world to go. He goes probably 5 times a week. His favorite thing to see at Lowes are the "beep, beeps". The beep, beeps are fork lifts that move the various palettes around.
Cole's love affair with construction trucks continues, but he has expanded his love to other service vehicles. He loves the mail trucks, garbage trucks, delivery trucks, utility trucks, etc. If its a truck he loves it. He also loves planes. He says he wants to be a pilot when he grows up.
Unfortunately, I haven't downloaded pictures in a very long time, so I have nothing to post, but hopefully I will soon. If all else fails, I'll have bluebonnet pictures to post in a couple of weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment