Monday, February 4, 2013
Rise and Speak My Word
Cole Reynolds fascinates me every day. His little wheels are turning constantly--and by wheels I mean legs and mental wheels. He is always moving, to be sure, but he is also always thinking. I'm always amazed at the mental connections he makes, the things he remembers and the things he wonders about. Yesterday, I had one of those amazing moments that made me smile. We were at church. Despite his impressive ability to recall things, he is unable to recall that you are supposed to be quite at church. Mercifully he didn't shout out "But I don't like Jesus" again just as the church had quieted down. Count your blessings, right? Anyway, Cole and I were going to the potty, and he was taking the new church in (it was recently remodeled). We got to the vestibule and he saw a new stained glass window depicting Jesus. He said "That's where Jesus said, "Jonas, levantase u habla mi palabra." I stared at him incredulously and asked him to repeat himself. He repeated the phrase and I realized that I hadn't made up what he said. I wish I knew the bible better, because I'm not exactly sure what the image is supposed to be, but it is of Jesus standing with one hand in the air. Clearly the window reminded him of something he'd learned from somebody. Today I asked Elena if she had taught Cole about Jonas. She responded that she had. She was so happy that he had remembered their conversation. He has a little bible book that tells several little bible stories, and I guess he was recalling a conversation he and Elena had about the stories. Sweet little guy. Made my heart happy to know that Cole is learning about Jesus--even if I'm not sure that Jesus actually coexisted with Jonas, but like I said, my bible skills are rusty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment