Friday, April 26, 2013
Come on Earth You Can Catch up to the Sun!
I love babies. Love them. Love hugging them and snuggling with them and kissing them. I must tell the kids 100 times a day "I love you." I probably kiss them about 100 time more than they would like each day too. Having said that, I am finding I love the "Threes" (or at least one aspect of it). Now that Cole is fully verbal it is pure comedy to hear what comes out of his mouth most of the time. It's not roll on the floor funny or tell your co-worker with no kids funny, but it is funny as heck to those who know and love the kid at the center of the story. This morning, Cole Reynolds woke up early at 6:15. He screamed...I think he either had to potty or was hot or his leg itched or some other important happening. He screams because thankfully we've indoctrinated in him that until it is morning he should stay in his bed. He does a good job at this (knock on wood) 99% of the time. Joel got up and went to see what was the matter. I heard him tell Cole that it was still night time and to go back to sleep. Side note: At our house, before 6:55 is still night time, which I know would be news to lots of people who routinely get up far before 6:55. I could hear Cole making noises every now and again. I got up around 6:40 and went in the kitchen to get a few things ready. About 5 to 6:00, I was back in the room and heard Cole talking to Mother Earth. "Come on Earth, you can catch up to the Sun." Oh, that little boy makes me smile. I am happy that he (a) follows the stay in bed rules and (b) remembers our discussions about the sun rotating. It also makes me laugh that inanimate objects are like people to him. The Earth is no different than his best friend Brutus (only he doesn't know the Earth as well), and neither of those two are different than his sister. All just characters in this great big world that he allows us to share with him. Gravity is also a character, and as I've indicated before, he is not a fan. Lately, he has been fighting with gravity even more and hits it from time to time. From a parenting/teaching perspective, I struggled with that one a tad. On the one hand, since gravity is like a "person" I started by saying "Hands are not for hitting, even if it's gravity", but on the other hand, I suppose if he hits only his inanimate object people, then we are probably doing ok.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment